Dist 6 & Group RRSP
For assistance/advice on your Group Plan accounts, contact:
Cocurullo Financial Services
John Cocurullo - email@example.com
Jason Cocurullo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerry James - email@example.com
101 Cherryhill Blvd.,Suite 108
P: 519-679-6799/ 800-657-3443
- Your allocated bonuses go to the USW District Six Savings Plan administered through CIBC Asset Management/Renaissance Mutual Funds (www.renaissanceinvestments.ca). This is a voluntary plan available to all employees and is accessible at any time if necessary.
Note: In order to initiate any changes to your bonus allocations, a payroll deduction form must be submitted directly to the payroll department. (see bottom of page or stop by the hall).
- For employees hired after 2008 Stelco contributes $2.65 per hour on your behalf to the USW Local 8782 Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan, administered through CI Investments (www.ci.com). This is a mandatory plan for all new hires.
Note: Any Stelco contributions made on your behalf to CI Investments are in lieu of contributions to a pension plan and are not accessible until such time as you are no longer an active employee with Stelco. The only exceptions to this are withdrawals for the First Time Home Buyers Plan or Lifelong Learning Plan.
Note: It is the employee's responsibility to be aware of their RRSP contribution limit. This information can be found on your most recent Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency. Overcontributions to your RRSP can lead to penalties.
Each company will issue you contribution (tax) receipts to use when filing your tax return. The receipts are mailed mid-January through March 31st. In order to receive your tax receipts in a timely manner, please insure your address on file with Cocurullo Financial Services is up to date.
You can view your account information here.
Login information is mailed out to you with your copies of your application forms, if you cannot find this information or need assistance navigating the site please contact Cocurullo Financial Services. On this site you will be able to access information such as:
- Account Balances
- Transaction Reports
- Account Statements
- Investment Performance
Note: Copies of tax receipts are not available on this site, if you require additional copies they can be mailed/e-mailed upon request.
Upon request, John & Jason Cocurullo are also available to help with a number of other financial planning considerations, such as:
- Reviewing outside investment accounts
- Assisting with transfers of pension accounts from previous employers
- Setting up various investment accounts outside of the Group RRSP Plan, including:
- Personal Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Reviewing potential insurance needs
- Basic tax and estate planning questions
The local has worked with Cocurullo Financial Services for over 25 years, and we trust that they will be able to provide you with solutions for all of your group or personal financial planning needs. Please do not hesitate to contact them with any questions you may have.